So, I watched the VMAs last night and that Adele song put me in a tail spin. Not to mention how horrible the music industry is, but that’s a whole other conversation for a different day. Back to the Adele song though. Have you ever wanted to eat your feelings? That song makes me want to eat my feelings. It’s a curl up and cry on the couch over the guy who hurt you so bad even though you’re dating a really awesome guy kinda song. Plus, it makes me want to punch whoever hurt the perfectly gorgeous and talented Adele! So, if you’re like me and you like to eat your feelings, this recipe is perfect for you! Don’t feel ashamed. We all have emotions… LET IT OUT!!!!
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 Oreos. 30 left whole, and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup. (use the transparent liners, it’s fun to look at when it’s all in there. See picture)
2. With an electric mixer on medium to high-speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
And there ya have it. Delicious Oreo cheesecake cupcakes! So good for your soul. Eat it up… NOW!
Enjoy and Happy Kitchening (and try not to let your significant other catch you crying while eating these)