Why, hello there! We haven’t spoken in quite some time. I’ve been super busy because I got a FULL TIME JOB! Heck yeah!! Go me! It’s hard enough finding a job out there now-a-days, but to find one you actually enjoy… that’s an epic feat. OK, so I am bringing sexy back with this recipe. Do you love jalapeno poppers? I know I do, especially the ones that are double fried. Yeah. Ask your server about it next time. FOR. REAL. Well, since I have an affinity for jalapeno poppers and since I stumbled upon this recipe, I’m putting it out there for you. It is so freakin’ good! So here’s the recipe and some pictures.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Servings: makes 1 sandwich
Prep Time: 34 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 8-14 minutes.
- Place the peppers on a separate plate and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily “pinch” off.
- Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
(That last step should be pretty self explanatory, but for those of you who need a map when it comes to the kitchen, here’s what you do…Butter the pan side of both slices of bread, spread your cream cheese on one piece of bread, place jalapenos on top of that, sprinkle shredded cheese and tortilla chips. Place other piece of bread on top, press down, place on griddle and GO TO TOWN!)
SHAZAAM! If that’s not the best dang grilled cheese you ever done had, I will stop talkin’ like a crazy hick!
Another picture you say? My pleasure!
Enjoy and happy kitchening!